X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X360 Defense Grid freezing before press start screen

There have been a few reports of recently people saying that while they used to be able to get in the game (though they'd have problem in the game), that something recently has happened and now they game freezes on start every time they launch and they can't even get in the game.

We haven't made any changes to the game, but the dash did change again, and if this is really happening to many people, perhaps this will be a clue for Microsoft. Can you echo if this is or isn't happening to you?

Jeff

if it makes you feel any better, I HATE the new 360 dashboard... hate. it. it's not user friendly, it takes longer to do EVERYTHING... there are more adds everywhere, the internet speed is somehow being drained by just being idle on thee dashboard which didn't used to be the case...

I'd like to see all the issues resolved... too bad MS is being so difficult. I have been enjoying the PC version though, thanks for that

Comment

I haven't experienced this personally, although I have noticed that if I start a game and the portal narrator (the ladies voice) doesn't load (like she just doesn't talk) my game crashes at the end. This has happened several times. I know now if that's not there to quit and restart lol.

Comment

Does that happen if you wait longer on the press start screen before proceeding? I am curious if this is a "resource not yet loaded" issue or if it is something else for you. If all resources are loaded (including her voice files), you should have no visual text issues in the mission selection screen of You Monster.

Jeff

Comment

Today i started the game and had it on the press start screen for at least 2mins and my game still froze (and again the portal voice wasn't talking). Also, I've never had text issues.
          Last edited by akaknife19; 02/27/2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Interesting - You are running the game in English?

If so, try deleting the expansion game content only and redownloading it - I wonder if one of the pak files is corrupt from the download - this is not consistant with other issues we know about.

Jeff

Comment

As I have stated in the thread I started, this has been an issue for me -- but only since the latest dashboard update, so I think the problem is probably on Microsoft's end.

I tried to start DG 5 times yesterday and my 360 froze on a black screen every time. Now, mysteriously, tonight it started up just fine....will go try to play in a sec.

Good luck guys!

Comment

Jeff, that was one of the first things I did. I deleted the expansion You Monster and cleared my cache re-downloaded it. Same issues occurred. Also, I am playing the game in English.

Comment

Hmm, akaknife19. So, you do hear Fletcher's voice, but not GLaDOS's during the Story and Story challenge versions of each mission in You Monster, or do you not hear any voice at all? In sound settings, are any of the volume sliders down? Perhaps her voice files were linked to the wrong volume slider? This is not something I've heard of before. Do you see the subtitles and hear no voice, or do you not get subtitles either? And this is happening on Story mode, not the other challenge mode types?

Thanks for answering all the questions.

Jeff

Comment

This doesn't happen every time. But when it does, I don't hear Fletcher's nor GLaDOS's voice and there isn't any subtitles. I've never changed my sound settings. Oh and I've only played story mode so far, not the other types. I can try the other types too just to see if the same thing happens.

Nick.

Comment

Thanks Nick, that gives me some info. The absence of subtitles and it being both voice lines tells me something. You'll hear much more voice during story mode & challenge story mode than you will the others, so that's why I was asking. Let me talk with the team and see if they have any further ideas for you to try.

Jeff

Comment

Sounds good Jeff.

Comment

The game freezes for me on the XBLA screen about 50% of the time, and it's been doing that for several months. I've also gotten numerous freezes mid-game that require a hard restart recently, almost always while "fast-forwarding." And I've lost my scores on several occasions even after I've already completed a level.

I love this game, and I've fortunately been able to play through the You Monster campaign story levels (I think I'm still #10 on the leaderboards for one level)... but this is pretty ridiculous. You mentioned something about providing Steam keys for the game so people who've purchased it on XBLA can still play it. I already have it for Steam, but I haven't re-bought all the DLC. Is that something you'd provide for us 360 users that are out in the cold? I'd much rather play on the 360, but it's not sounding like there's a fix forthcoming.

Comment

Yes, we're perfectly willing to give you Steam keys for the game and any DLC you've purchased on Xbox 360

Comment

Just a quick update Jeff, today I played a solid 2hours of you monster and my game never froze and the achievement message never popped up plus I did get achievement unlock.

Comment

Working...
                              X