X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Update released - Achievement Issue & Freezing should be fixed

Last night at 1am Pacific time, Certification officially passed our update and released it. I just learned about it this afternoon.

If you have previously earned achievements, go back to any mission and play through it, and it should award you all achievements that are due to you.

You shouldn't see the "can't award achievement" error message any more (unless there really is a LIVE service error - and remember those do happen right on and right after Christmas day because of the increased load on the service).

If you do get an error message hit the B button twice to exit it (rather than once).

Let us know your experiences with the update.

Just replayed a level in the You Monster DLC story mode but the Majestic Pony achievement still didn't unlock. No error message but no achievement. I'll try again later.

Comment

I played a lvl. and still got the error messages. Once I finished the lvl. it froze. I rebooted the xbox, started a level and I quit right away. The achievements then unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by fearoftomorrow View Post
        I played a lvl. and still got the error messages. Once I finished the lvl. it froze. I rebooted the xbox, started a level and I quit right away. The achievements then unlocked.
        yea, same problem here... still got the message mid-game... game froze after the level finished (waste of an hour)
        I tried the reboot then quit thing, got the pony... and the failed to award message...

sadly, it's clear the game is still buggy... even more so now... I wasn't getting the crashes before

patch at least gave us the pony :/

Thanks for trying Jeff...

Comment

So, the freezing in the past was caused by achievements trying to be awarded, and then not being awarded. Now, there is no reason an achievement shouldn't be awarded in the game code. If you are still seeing freezes and fail to award messages, I recommend deleting all Defense Grid content, and redownloading the game and DLC. I also recommend "recovering your gamertag" to make sure it is properly in sync with the data centers.

If after you do those things if you still see freezes, it would be great to get more details - which level(s) does it freeze on and which mode(s), does it happen on more than one level or just one level, which achievements do you have and don't you have, which achievements if any do you think you should have, but don't, etc. Also, tell us what city is your Xbox located in if you are still having issues - there could still be data center problems that are only affecting certain regions.

We did a lot of testing to verify that we stopped the achievement issue and we don't know of any remaining issues that would cause freezing.

Jeff

Comment

Replayed a You Monster level again today and this time my achievements unlocked. I didn't recieve any error messages.

I did however encounter a couple of problems when playing the Service Interruption level in story mode. Firstly when i used the back button to go back to an earlier checkpoint it took me all the way back to the start of the level. Going back to the main menu and starting again resolved this but later on in the level the game froze and the only option i had was to switch my Xbox off. It's a Gears of War 320GB Slim incase you wanted to know.

Comment

Your symptoms sound like a corrupt save game for that level. I would try deleting the game saves - that doesn't delete your progress which is stored in your profile btw.

Comment

I tried deleting all things and re-DLing and I am getting the Error message more than ever... but no freezing now... played one level of each campaign to check... the messages pop up more often during play and still pop after the mission ends.

Comment

Where are you located? I can ask MS if they can check your data center - because you shouldn't be getting any pop up messages any more.

Comment

Area Code 63146. is that enough?

Comment

sorry, I'm not sure about 5 digit area codes - city name is fine.

Comment

Deleted and re-downloaded all, failed to start until I rebooted XB. Only played 6 or 7 levels, it's not crashed but achievement error message keeps popping up, it happend twice mid-level which it never did before and it pops up at the end of most levels. It did award the achievement I was owed though. I'll try to give you something more definite next time I play it, although that could be a while as I've just started Xenoblade Chronicles! Cheers, happy holiday to all.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpobst View Post
                          sorry, I'm not sure about 5 digit area codes - city name is fine.
                          Saint Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdorf View Post
                            Deleted and re-downloaded all, failed to start until I rebooted XB. Only played 6 or 7 levels, it's not crashed but achievement error message keeps popping up, it happend twice mid-level which it never did before and it pops up at the end of most levels. It did award the achievement I was owed though. I'll try to give you something more definite next time I play it, although that could be a while as I've just started Xenoblade Chronicles! Cheers, happy holiday to all.
                            that was the same with me... I only sometimes got it once mid-level before, now it's twice... and still at end.

Comment

Still get "failed to award achievement"

I just deleted all Defense Grid content from my XBox 360 250GB Slim. Re-downloaded just the game (no map-packs). Picked a random level to play, and just as it has for a long time now (months), as soon as I kill the first alien, I get the "failed to award achievement" error. Note that I actually have the achievement that it is trying to award (I'm guessing it is Exterminator, as I think that is when it started). I have all of the achievements for the base game and the add-ons, not counting You Monster.

This error did NOT just start after the most recent (end of 2011) dash update, or the Defense Grid update.

Comment

Working...
                              X